Have you ever wondered why always a rubber phone case?
Rubber cases are designed with the impact of providing shock-absorbing properties. They reside in the hands of the owners providing grip and anti-slip properties. The quality of rubber is the main matter of fact before cleaning the case. If the rubber is of low-quality, cleaning must be gentle to meet the fragility. In case the rubber is hard and stern, it can also withstand the harsh cleansing. Phone cases can carry dirt, grime, and bacteria, so you must clean them regularly. Phone cases are more exposed to sunlight, atmospheric dirt, sweat, and oils present in the hands. The exposure focuses on the point that it is a breeding place for bacteria.
Table of contents:
- How to clean a rubber phone case
- Benefits of rubber cases
- Dish wash soap
- Isopropyl alcohol
- Baking soda
- Nail polish remover
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Laundry detergent
- Bleach water
- Final words
Benefits of rubber cases:
Phone cases that are made from silicone rubber are light, soft, and flexible. It provides wonderful user comfort on and off a phone compared to any plastic or metal cases. Since rubber is very elastic in nature, in cases made from this material the phone is fastened tight and perfectly packed.
- Silicone rubber cases have excellent grip. The chances of your phone slipping through your hands are very less.
- Rubber cases are comparatively cheap than cases made from leather, cloth, metal, and wood.
- Rubber is eco-friendly as it is a biodegradable material, and so there is very little chance of air pollution during its production.
- The rubber covers are not prone to scratches, on comparing to cases of plastic, metal, and leather cases.
- They are available in a variety of colors, patterns, and designs.
- Silicone rubber cases are fire resistant and can withstand high temperatures up to 300-degree celsius.
This period has turned into an era of individuality. At this moment, what is the closest thing to you? Your wallet, your keys, or your mobile phone? The apt answer is your phone. Smartphones have turned so important that they have become the things we are never split up from.
The phone case culture is growing huge with the rise in the market for mobile phones. Statistically, over 70% of consumers will face a problem that will lead to an uncomfortable user handling and unpleasant look. Today, installing a phone case is considered to be the best way of insulating your device from moisture, dirt particles, and mechanical damages.
Before we get into the cleaning techniques let me tell you that, if hot water is required anywhere it is not at boiling point. And before cleaning the case it must be removed from the smartphone. Aftermath, Wipe your case down with a disinfecting spray on a weekly basis and repeat the cleaning routine once a month.
Dish wash soap:
Processing time: 15-20 minutes
The dish wash soap is basic in nature. This removes the gooey and tan substances from the skin of the phone case.
- Take a bowl with mild dishwashing liquid.
- Add soap and water in equal proportions. Stir the solution and check with litmus paper.
- Dip the case inside the solution prepared and let it rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove the case from the solution and wipe it off with a microfiber cloth.
The case is clean as new, and the dirt particles just flew!
Processing time: 20 minutes
Isopropyl is an alcohol wipe that is one of the simplest, and most effective ways to purify your case, and it won’t cause any damage. They’re cheap and affordable.
- Remove the case from the phone and do the cleaning. In case the alcohol is more concentrated, it may harm the case.
- Test the solution in a small point then apply the process for the whole case.
- If the alcohol is acidic add some water to it and dilute it.
- Wipe the phone case both in and out.
- Pat dry with a flat woven microfiber cloth until it's damp and put it on your phone.
Cleaning time: 1 or 2 hours
Baking soda is a third level dirt remover. If rubbing alcohol and dishwashing liquid is not worth the rescue, try out the baking soda.
- Dip the phone case in dishwashing liquid for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the soaked container and add baking soda onto it.
- Take a toothbrush and give it a rub all along the sides, then to the center.
- Spread it over the places of dirt and leave it to rest for an hour or two. It can also be left overnight to act on the dirt if there are tough greases present on the case.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water and dry with a cloth.
- Put on the case once it's thoroughly dry.
Nail polish remover:
Cleansing time: 15 minutes
Yes, I am serious about letting you use the nail polish in the dirt removal process.
- Take a bowl of warm water and add 5-10 drops of mild nail enamel remover.
- Mix it well. Take a cotton ball and dip it in the solution.
- Rub vigorously along the dirt molecules.
- Keep repeating the steps again and again for better results on tough stains.
I hope you give it a try, this is a cheap and less time-consuming process.
Cleansing time: 20-30 minutes
Acetone is aggressive in nature. The use of such substances and preparations will help to get rid of unwanted traces of dirt.
- Acetone is commonly used as thinners that break down molecular dirt.
- Take acetone and water in a bowl in 1:2 proportion as it is acidic.
- Take a cotton swab or ball, dip it in the solution and rub over the phone case. Give enough pressure to remove the stubborn stains.
- Rubber turns out to become brittle once the wrong proportion is mixed and used. Make sure it is neutral before applying.
- Whooo! This just went like Evanesco!
On a further note, they may change the color, texture, lightness, transparency, and gloss. Acetone can dissolve the surface of the lining on the phone or cause it to deform and make it of no use. The cleansing must be carefully done.
Processing time: 25 minutes
This method could help you get rid of the tarnishes and stern dust of your phone case.
- Here, you require a hodgepodge of hydrogen peroxide and UV light to make things side our work.
- This is a time consuming and expensive method. Order H2O2-based cream.
- Coat the liquid over the case and put the case under a UV light source.
- Don't panic where do I find UV Lights? If you have a UV nail dryer in your house, it will suffix the usage.
Cleaning time: 25 minutes
- This is the most frequently used technique to vanquish the germs embedded in the phone case.
- Take a bowl with water and mix laundry detergent till the water feels slippery.
- The detergents must be chosen in a manner that they don't let soap particles settle down.
- The dust sticks to the case due to oxidation from the atmosphere.
- Give it a gentle rub with your fingers. I recommend Vanish, Ariel, and other delicate detergents.
- Remove once the dust has been sedimented down with the soap salt.
Wipe off with a microfiber cloth. It's clean just in a swish and flick! Spray sanitizers safe for mobile phones and keep them protected from germs.
Cleaning time: 30-35 minutes
Paint thinner is an excellent choice for cleaning tar grease and grime from rubber phone cases. It can also be used as a cleaner for fabrics too. While working with thinner ensure that gloves are worn.
- Add 1 part of warm water in a container that can hold the phone case.
- Add one-fourth of thinner to the water and dilute well.
- Avoid direct contact with heat and flames as they are highly inflammable.
- Let the rubber case rest in it for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Pull out the case and wash it with cold water and pat dry. Yeah! it's done and dusted!
Processing time: 10 minutes
Yes, I mean the stationery eraser dude! It not only clears the handwriting on paper objects but also has a promising cleaning effect on other objects. It is also suitable for cleaning a phone case, especially on rubber phone cases that use a matte finish.
- Buy a non-dust eraser to avoid wastage. An eraser that generates dust can also be used no bigger difference does it produce on cleaning.
- It's the cheapest method practiced to clean a phone case.
- Remove the case from the phone and note the spots with dirt.
- Use the eraser, give constant rubbing and some amount of pressure.
- You can clean out the dirt. The rubber will roll the dirt away and no residue is left.
Although an eraser cannot take down the yellow stains off the phone case. Nobody would have dreamt of using an eraser as a cleaning agent.
The time required: 20 minutes
Bleach is a corrosive ingredient that can be harmful when used more. Bleach is a kind of liquid that can make items white or colorless. It has an obvious effect on cleaning rubber phone case. Before using the bleach water, you are supposed to get prepared with a disposable mask and apron. The reason why you need those stuff is that because bleach is corrosive and irritating, you need some things for self-protection.
- Dilute water and bleach in one and a quarter proportion.
- Pour into a container and sink the case into it.
- The bleach water is starred with sterilizing properties.
- Place the phone case in a ventilated place and make it dry after soaking in the bleach and wipe it clear.
But we can not clear away the yellow stain if it was caused by the oxidation. If bleach proportions are high they leave white spots on dirt regions where bleach reacts a lot.
Besides, the modern cases can be manipulated as a so-called 'outfit' for your smartphone. If your device has some cuts, blemishes, or cracks on its surface, you can easily seal them underneath the new dashingly chic cover.
Yet, there is one crucial point that we would like to draw your attention to carefully select high-quality phone cases that can save your device from wrecking, even if dropped on the corner due to mishaps. This factor must stand important before you think about buying the phone case because it is what determines the longevity and stability of the phone case.