- How to clean a silicone phone case?
- Cleaning a silicone phone case
- Baking soda Magic
- Paint Thinner
- Tamarind and Salt
- Isopropyl alcohol
- Nail Polish Remover
- Clean Gasoline
- Chlorine Bleach
- Hair spray
- Dish Washer
- Peel of Masks
- Aftershave Foam
- Wrapping it up
How to clean a silicone phone case?
A mobile case is a daily clutch in our hands that contain a ton of bacteria. So, on the contrary, let us acknowledge the breeding over, and put an end! Understanding the fact that smartphones have turned more expensive, including the repairs, and extra protection is worthy to go with. A mobile case is an ornament that adds a spark to oneself. But that doesn't mean posing an ugly skin to your mobile that sounded ecstatic in looks and fantastic in its durability. A mobile phone is a regular companion so, it requires being secured from dents, scratches, heat, and dust. Silicone covers are created to prolong the life of mobile cases made of plastic and similar liquids or gel.
Why do people mostly prefer silicone cases over other cases? What part does it play with style? The properties of silicone are heart taken by everyone! They have high durability and are generally resistant to tearing and similar damages. They are antibacterial and can be washed as many times. All these factors suit for a fairly long time and useful life. Most silicone cases are very soft and tough, which is worthwhile in terms of phone protection. A silicone case's properties are based on liquid silicone’s quality. Silicone cases are made up of a matte finish that can resist fingerprints and dust. It is scratch-proof, shockproof, waterproof, and provides an additional slip-proof grip to the user. The simple and elegant look is worth every penny as they are readily available and feasible. Rigid materials used for cleaning can deform the product and cause difficulties.
CLEANING A TRANSPARENT SILICONE CASE:
BAKING SODA MAGIC
Cleaning time: 40-45 minutes.
- Soak the phone case in hot water for 2 minutes.
- Take a bowl and dissolve dishwashing liquid.
- Handle the bristle side of the toothbrush and gently scrub it in circles over the case on both sides.
- Take a pinch of baking soda and rub it over the dirt molecules so that there is a special concentration.
- Then, wash it thoroughly with water and pat it dry with a damp cloth.
- Pooff! The goo is gone for good.
Usage of toothpaste on cases is because it contains triclosan/copolymer, crest detoxify and, barely perceptible abrasives better than regular fluoride that eliminates dirt and restores an antibacterial surrounding.
Cleaning time: 25-30 minutes.
- Remove the mobile from the case and add non-gel toothpaste of some amount necessary for the case and dab on it.
- Spread around the toothpaste with the help of your fingers or a spatula.
- Let it sit for an hour or two. If the stains are vigorous add some baking soda to the toothpaste and scrub it again.
- Once the layer is dry and ready for removal, sink the case into the water, and blend out the cleaning agents from the mobile case.
- Hurray! It's gone! is what you say by the end.
Vinegar inhibits acetic acid that can act as a disinfectant that can destroy bacteria settled in the dirt. A distilled vinegar is best for cleaning as it doesn't contain coloring agents and won't stain the surface.
Cleaning time:30 minutes.
- Add one part of distilled vinegar and 2 parts of water to a spray bottle and mix it well.
- Spray it all over the silicone case and let the region stay still for some time.
- Wipe it down with a damp cloth that is smooth in texture. Make sure it doesn't leave any scum behind.
Varied and versatile solvents meet specific needs to make products with optimal performance and one such is the paint thinner. While working with thinner ensure that gloves are worn.
Cleaning time:30 minutes
- Take a container, such that the silicone mobile case fits in. Add 1 part of warm water.
- Add one-fourth of thinner to the water and dilute well.
- Avoid direct contact with heat and flames as they are highly inflammable.
- Let the silicone case rest in it for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Pull out the case and wash out with water and pat dry. Yeahhh! it's done and dusted!
It's best to use white spirit as it is colorless and eradicates dirt from silicone.
TAMARIND & SALT
Citrics are always a step ahead in cleaning. Tamarind has a thick and hard crust, unlike lime and vinegar. The crust of tamarind is used to scrub off the gooey particles on surfaces of the silicone cases with ease.
Cleaning time: 20 minutes.
- Take either tamarind pieces or the pulp whichever is available.
- Beforehand, soak tamarind and crush it into a bowl of water.
- Take the tamarind pieces and gently rub them along the dirt area of the silicone case. After thorough rubbing, soak it into the bowl of tamarind water previously organized.
- Soaking tends to loosen up the dirt and the stains that are rough and tough and softens it.
- Adding salt increases the quality of cleaning and tamarind has an added advantage.
- Rinse off with water and let it dry.
This turns out to give cool results.
It is rubbing alcohol, antiseptic in nature, and safe. They work great on silicone as well as plastic surfaces. Not to rub too hard or use it on something very delicate because you might accidentally rub off the texture.
Cleaning time:35 minutes.
- This agent doesn't require rubbing and scrubbing.
- Instead, soak a paper towel in isopropyl alcohol and wrap it around the silicone edges of the mobile case.
- Let it sit for around 30 minutes and then try to wipe the dirt away.
NAIL POLISH REMOVER
It has universal characteristics, suitable for cleaning transparent silicone covers. It is not recommended to treat with the solution colored accessories to avoid pigment fading.
- Choose a nail polish remover without drug content.
- Take a piece of cloth or cotton swab. Take a little dip into the remover solution.
- Gently move the swabs above the dirt and stroke over the area. If the nail polish remover contains more drugs, then the silicone tends to undergo damages.
- Wash it with water and it's perfect with no effect.
To clean the silicone case, you can use pure gasoline, used in the refilling of lighters.
Cleaning time: 20 minutes.
- Dampen a cotton pad in it, wipe the surface of the case.
- Pay attention to the complex contaminants. In the end, the product should be treated with ammonia or lemon juice to eliminate possible odor.
- Wipe it up and it's done.
The use of bleach as a cleaning agent may harm the condition of the product if used above the prescribed amount. It is also possible that the opacity of the accessory (in the case of colorless products), the loss of brightness and brilliance.
Cleaning time: 20 minutes.
- Take bleach and water in 1:2 proportion in small amounts.
- To carry out the procedure correctly, put on rubber gloves, moisten a cloth in bleaches like vanish.
- Then wipe all the mandatory areas. After the product acquires its former appearance, immediately rinse it with water.
Windex is an outdoor spray that ensures a streak-free finish with necessary pressure on rubbing. It can be used on cleaning glasses, phone screens, cases, etc. they are ammonia-free and is handy by usage.
Cleaning time: 20 minutes.
- Make sure that there is no source of heat or current nearby on using this.
- Rub Windex to the dirt or tarnished area.
- Wash it in 15-20 minutes with cold water.
Hair spray is another alternate same as alcohol, likely to blend on polyester-coated, silicone, and plastic cases.
- Spray it all over the targeted area and wait till the stain or yellowish scum fizzes and dissolves.
- Then blot it up with a towel and wipe it away gently.
- Finally, yes it’s a brand new case now!
Dishwasher is a modern-day instrument for cleansing utensils or little objects. Silicone cases are soft and fragile so careful cleaning is required. To enlighten the usage of the dishwasher, take these little steps.
Cleaning time: 15-20 minutes.
- Refer manual for the cleaning process given with the dishwasher.
- Add detergent or dishwashing liquid to the case and apply all over it.
- The force of water necessary is passed by the dishwasher. This is a swift cleaning method.
- If the dirt stains are more sticky, try the process again with baking soda.
PEEL OF MASKS
A peel-off mask can be used in the cleaning of silicone because a mask acts as a cleanser by moving through the pores of the skin. Similarly, the cleansing molecules work in the minute gaps present in the silicone textured case.
Cleaning time- 20 minutes.
- Take some amount of the gel solution and apply it all over the case.
- Let the gel sit and turn dry.
- Once it turns moist free, do a quick pull and remove the gel.
- Make sure there is no residue left-back. This is an efficient and effective method of cleaning.
AFTER SHAVE FOAM
Aftershave foam is a delicate and pretty good cleaner, and not too aggressive. This is a less time-consuming process in comparison to the other methods.
Cleaning time- 15 minutes
- Just squeeze out the foam on the silicone case and spread it.
- Leave it to rest for 15 minutes and wipe it off
Wrapping it up:
Silicone being sloppy and flexible has done wonders in the mobile phone industry and has grown successful more than plastic, or any other hardware. Silicone is prone to dust due to the passage of time. So it's better advised to keep the silicone cases away from food products, oils, direct sunlight, etc. It is clear from the above facts that silicone phone cases are best to use and to protect premium mobile phone devices for a longer period by detaining their properties. Despite the above circumstances, there are other commonly used ways to get rid of residues. Aggressive pressure on silicone may lead to wear n tear of the case. Usage of highly reactive chemicals can take over the quality and result in shattering the texture.Hope they are sound enough to satisfy the clean silicone cases and get rid of dirt. May dirt find peace and let the Silicone case do the talking.