- How to clean phone cases:
- How to clean white phone cases?
- Essential components:
- Steps to follow:
- How to clean a silicone phone case?
- How to clean a dirty phone case?
- Wrapping it up:
How to clean phone cases:
It is a blissful feeling that you had bought your dream phone. It might be the processor or internal memory being one such attraction, but most of them would love to buy a smartphone that looks stunning from the outside too. Glammy mobiles with a tinct of royalism are the choice of many. And buying such is a great feeling. But it does not end there. You have to protect it from any external damages. Because it is not only your smartphone that will be shattered but also your dream.
It is necessary to clean your phone case at a certain interval. Or else, there are chances that you will hate your phone lately. In this blog, we can get to know about how to clean your phone cases if they are white, dirty or if they are silicone through certain DIY cases.
How to clean white phone cases?
It is easier to clean your phone case with soap and water, but it is white and any wrong move will further worsen the look of your entire phone. There are several possible ways to clean your white case. You should choose the best optimal way based on the reason for the dirt. In that case, like transparent cases that get faded to yellow or brown due to UV radiation, white cases are prone to radiation too.
If it has got colored due to UV radiation, then you will need a considerable amount of Hydrogen Peroxide to reverse the coloration of your phone case.
But where will you get H2O2 enough to clean your phone case?
You need not worry as you already have it. Yes, Hair gels and hair bleaches have an acceptable amount of Hydrogen Peroxide content in them. Take a handful of the cream and spread it over your white phone case. Gently rub it over the phone case without giving much pressure to the areas where you find it is more yellowish. Leave the phone case in the UV light for some time. You can also use any UV source of light or UV nail dryer if you are not happy with the sunlight results.
The fact is, you cannot attain cent percent results in the first attempt. You should be doing a series of iterations to get back the whiteness in your phone case.
Note: Make sure that you remove the phone from your case before doing this experiment. If not, it would damage your phone.
Other cases where you would get your white phone case nasty are due to dust, dirt, and certain chemical reactions. You can clear them up using dish wash soap and baking soda.
- A bowl of water
- Dish soap mixture
- Clean cloth
Steps to follow:
- First, you have to take a bowl of water and mix it with the dish wash soap mixture on a required amount.
- Gently dip your phone case into the mixture and leave it for an hour.
- Take the phone case out and scrub it with the toothbrush all over the surface.
- Then wash the phone case with clean water.
- Wipe it out with the help of clean cotton cloth or tissue paper.
You will not get a completely white phone case in the first iteration. For satisfying results, feel free to continue the experiment periodically.
If you are not satisfied with the dish soap mixture you can replace the dish soap with Baking soda.
Take a bowl of water and mix the baking soda in the bowl of water until it becomes a paste. Apply the paste over the white phone case and spread it gently all over the surface. Then scrub the phone case with a sponge or a toothbrush. You can repeat the process until you get satisfying results.
How to clean a silicone phone case?
If you have a silicone phone case, you can follow the same DIY methods. In addition, there are certain other treatments to clean your silicone phone case to purity that includes Bleach, Nail Polish cleaner method, Toothpaste, Alcohol treatment, etc.
- Use Bleach - With a Non-chlorine Bleach, you can wipe away the dirt from your silicone phone case. Mix the oxidized bleach with a bowl of water and mix it until it becomes a paste. Gently apply it all over your phone case. Use a sponge or toothbrush to scrub it and clean it with a wiping cloth. You can directly use the bleach powder itself by spraying it on the phone case.
- Nail polish cleaner - If you think that you are no longer using the nail polish cleaner, don't worry, use this to remove the dirt over your silicone phone case. But be careful of using a cleaner without acetone. It is recommended to not use those cleaners if you have a painted or colored silicone phone case. Because there are chances that you may get the paint peel off during the cleaning process.
- Toothpaste treatment - If you have a transparent silicone phone case this is one of the best methods you can try. Apply the toothpaste all over the phone case and gently rub it all over the surface with the toothbrush without much pressure. Wash it and clean the phone case with a clean cotton cloth. Make sure there are no white stains after the wash.
- Using Isopropyl alcohol - Generally called Rubbing alcohol, it can be used to clean the silicone phone case effectively. Use an alcohol spray that contains more than 70% alcohol content. You can either take it in the bowl and dip the case or you can just spray it over the phone case and rub it with a tissue paper. Leave your phone case for an hour before you put it back on your phone.
These are some of the answers to the doubts “How to clean a silicone phone case:” But what if your phone case is not silicone but it is dirty enough to embarrass you. No worries. Read further to know the cleaning process.
How to clean a dirty phone case?
You can clean the dirty phone case using the above-discussed methods like using dish wash soap, using baking soda, toothpaste, and isopropyl alcohol.
It is normal to get your phone case dirty. The usage of phone cases is more frequent that is prone to such dirt. Some dirt can go away with light washing whereas some of them need a heavy dose to get away. For lighter dirt residue, you can use dish soap water. If you think that the dirt is very hard, then you can go for Baking soda and rubbing alcohol treatment. Isopropyl alcohol is very effective for transparent cases. For silicon or plastic phone case dirt, it is best to go for Baking soda treatment.
Whatsoever the phone case material is, prevent using harsh chemicals for dirt removal. It is recommended to avoid using chemicals rich in ammonia, Aerosol, chemical solvents, household cleaners, etc. to clean your phone case.
Wrapping it up:
Prevention is better than cure. So, better prevent the accumulation of dirt over your phone case. But how? Fix a regular schedule for cleaning your phone case. Use only prescribed DIY cases and avoid using harsh chemicals over your phone case. If the particular method did not work, it is nothing wrong with trying other methods rather than shifting directly to a new phone case. With the above-mentioned methods, it is so relaxing to finally know “How to clean a Phone case.”