If you use the right disinfectants, with the right brush, and certain DIY methods, you can clean your leather phone case with much ease.
First thing's first, your phone is much dirtier than you think, it dragging germs and fecal elements. Leather is a biodegradable material that breathes and absorbs moisture, leather needs a bit more care than a hard material. Which means it requires a lot of care than any ordinary material. Have you ever imagine how dirty your leather phone cases are? More than 70% of users will face difficulty in this case. Phone cases turn yellow, later they bought a clear phone case from the market and use it for a while.
That’s when you need to start looking at how to clean silicone or clear phone cases that turned yellow. Your phone case isn’t just expected to help or guard your mobile from falls and dings, it’s also an example of your personality. Your phone shows who you are. That’s why it’s important to understand how to clean your leather phone cases.
Table of contents:
- Why disinfecting is important?
- Why phone case become dirty?
- How to fix the yellowish leather phone case?
- The most reliable method to wipe your leather phone case:
- Things you will need to clean your phone case
- Mild hand soap
- Rubbing alcohol method
- Scrub with baking soda
- Lemon with baking soda
- Bleach water
- Use a toothpaste
- Why microfiber clothes are necessary to clean your leather phone case?
- What not to do and use while cleaning your leather phone case?
- Other major factors
- Wrapping it up
Why disinfecting is important?
Cleaning our phone is necessary not because there is proof that germs will connect you via a phone case but because there is no evidence that they won’t. This lesser lifestyle modifies and avoids the risk of inadvertently spreading a virus to yourself via your phone. So if you are someone who is searching for the DIY process to clean your leather phone cases then you are in right place. Here you can find some astonishing ideas to clean your leather phone cases. We all are dealing with COVID-19, and this is the most important time our phones need to be cleaned and sanitized. And thankfully you can disinfect your phone case easily.
Why phone case become dirty?
It is said that the cover turns yellow if it is exposed to sunlight, heat, or some chemicals. The compounds in the case get deteriorated and that gives the yellowish color to your leather phone cases, and this is unchangeable. White cases can get dirtier faster, and often turn yellow or wind up with very obvious stains. It is claimed that the UV light from the sun easily changes the chemical composition. Another data associated with this also says that the sweat from your hand or the oils from your face surface can produce an oxidation effect, turning the surface of the case yellowish. The most important thing you need to know that the durability doesn’t change at all, and the color is only change. You don’t have to change your leather phone cases, you just need to clean them with some easy DIYs.
How to fix the yellowish leather phone case?
You don't have to do much to maintain your leather phone cases. If you need a case that'll look new for years, you'll require to keep it apart from water, makeup, oil, and dyed stuff like dyed-dark jeans because your case will wrap up all those oils. Leather phone cases are greatly polished with a mild solution. Before you grab the more abrasive stuff, how to clean a leather phone case can be as simple as using your finger. Leather is assumed to pick up all those nicks and cracks and you can try applying some leather waterproofing if you'd rather not worry about liquids and spills. If you've got dangerous stains or other muck on your leather case then a fresh cloth and water won't kill it. You need some DIYs to do it and make it look clean and fresh.
The most reliable method to wipe your leather phone case:
Worried about how to wipe your phone and manage them as germ-free as possible? Many bacteria and viruses such as coronavirus can exist in phone cases. A new examination by a researcher’s firm discovered that mediocre users touch their phones 2,617 times a day, and to the heavy users it reaches up to 5,427. That’s why determining how to clean your phone is just as valuable as learning the right habit to wash your hands. Wash your hands, then use a disinfecting wipe or cloth sprinkled with an alcohol-based cleanser, wash it for at least 20 seconds, and then you can dry it with a tissue.
Things you will need to clean your phone case:
- Mild hand soap: You can easily damp microfiber cloth and gently clean your leather phone case with mild hand soap. Apply the soap onto the material and spread smoothly. If you have a mild cleaner, use it along with a hard cloth. Always make sure you are doing as gently as possible when cleaning and drying, rubbing in circular motions so that you are not stretching your leather phone case. You should always keep this thing in your mind that different products and solutions you are using on your leather phone case can alter its look and color, so the simpler the cleaning job the better.
- Rubbing alcohol method: mixing alcohol and water is the safest yet best way to disinfect germs from your leather phone cases. Isopropyl alcohol is good into medium brands you can’t eliminate just by washing with soap and water. This method can also discolor some clear cases, so always double-check.
- Scrub with baking soda: Baking soda works on various stains, and it is one of the best homemade remedies for your dirty leather phone case. You have to spray baking soda over the phone case surface and then you can simply use a wet toothbrush or a cloth. Rinse the baking soda and use a soft cloth to dry it. As we all know natural ingredients are the best as compared to chemical ones. Its positive benefits without disturbing side effects will help you in cleaning your phone.
- Lemon with baking soda: Using lemon and baking soda to clean and whiten your teeth is one of the easier and recommended DIY’s you can go with. You just have to add a moderate amount of dish soap to a bowl and add few drops of lemon to it and mix well apply this mixture to your phone case and see the result. This combination is famous for its whiting effect. This will remove all the dirt and pollution from your phone case. One should definitely try this amazing DIY.
- Bleach water: Bleach is a kind of water that can make things white, which has an obvious effect on cleaning the product nicely. You need to dip a clean and microfiber cloth into the mixture of bleach water and then simply apply it to your phone case. Dry it with a soft cloth, and you will see the huge difference in just one use.
- Use a Toothpaste: if we discuss whitening noting can perform a more immeasurable job than toothpaste. The idea of this is to tell every single body that toothpaste is a highly useful cleaning tool as well. It can touch our expectations for polishing soft yellowing phone cases. The toothpaste can quickly wipe the tea spots or coffee stains of the teacup, and even kill the small marks on the covering of the mobile phone. So it can help us with cleaning the tools as well.
Why microfiber clothes are necessary to clean your leather phone case?
No matter what kind of phone case you have, microfiber is essential if you want to know how to clean phone cases properly. The best thing why one should use a microfiber cloth for their phone case. Microfiber is so small that it can effectively remove many germs and bacteria with just water. Microfiber removes 99% of dust and dirt from phone cases.
What not to do and use while cleaning your leather phone case?
- You spend all day using your phone. You let it stay on chairs, tables, bathroom, public benches, counters, and so on. But have you ever noticed how dirty your phone gets after you use it? You can’t always see those germs that infecting your phone case. You are allowing them to come to your home if you are not cleaning your phone cases.
- Clorox wipes or Lysol may look like the easiest way to clean grime off a phone and this is one of the perfect ways to disinfect COVID-19 germs. It can be useful to avoid any germs but these harsh chemicals can ruin your phone case as well. So you need to understand how much amount you are using to clean your phone case.
- To remove your phone before cleaning your phone case. Never clean your phone case with your phone in it. If you are going to clean your phone case with alcohol you need to understand how much quantity you need. Alcohol would have to be applied correctly otherwise it can damage your phone for sure.
- Research shows one more important reason why you shouldn’t use alcohol or other liquid cleaning chemicals on your phone, and that’s the oleophobic coating. Have you ever noticed that a quick wipe on your shirt or cloth leaves your screen looking like new that’s the oleophobic coating at work! So next time you are cleaning your phone case make sure you are applying the right amount of it.
- Wiping your phone is essential in warding off bacteria and the extent of COVID-19 and other diseases, but you do not want to break the phone. So be convinced to avoid these things.
Other major factors
- Do unplug and turn off your phone first.
- Do use disinfectant wipes including 70% isopropyl alcohol or a comparable disinfecting spray, spritzed over a clean microfiber cloth.
- Do spatter any cleansers onto a soft cloth, not straightly on your phone.
- Do turn out the wipe or cloth before applying it if it’s too wet.
- Do apply soap and water or cleaning wipes/spray to rinse your phone case, based on the stuff which is made of alcohol.
- Do follow the manufacturer's directions.
- Do sanitize your phone cases at least once per day.
Wrapping it up:
I hope that you would have gained the confidence that if you messed up your leather phone case, you would take the above-discussed DIY measures to wipe it off. For other types of phone cases, the cleaning mechanism is the same but it differs with some DIY measures to wash the stains off. With all the do’s and dont’s while cleaning the leather phone case, I hope that I have saved your hard-earned money go off in vain.