There are many ways to customize your phone case. You can show your artwork, or use pressed flowers, or use digital prints. But make sure that you are proud to show off your customized phone case among your peers.
Table of contents:
- How to customize a phone case?
- Reasons why people purchase a phone case
- TPU cases
- Printed cases
- Monogram phone cases
- Mobile skin printing
- Ultraviolet (UV) printing
- Faux fur phone case
- 3D en revolution
- Gradient fills with geometric patterns:
- Painting cases
- Final words
Behind every stunning phone case is a person's illusion framed to fit in. Create a custom phone case featuring standard pastel colors or get funky with a personalized pattern. Keep in mind that if your uploaded pictures bound the entire case, the chosen background color will likely be covered by the custom instructions. Custom phone cases have likely caught your eye in a public setting. Whether they display neon tacos, everyone's favorite heroes, tv shows that took people's hearts, a particularly adorable family photo, or an inspiring quote, these device holders are often extensions of our personalities. They express character with an extended view of your inner self. Everybody has their style of expressing to put things into form. To begin with clean your phone case thoroughly with rubbing alcohol and wipe it off with a damp cloth. To put your customizable ideas into models make sure the main 5 criteria live.
- Phone Model: Select a custom phone case by choosing the model.
- Case Type: Pick a case that is of perfect durability, protection, and stylish to design your phone case.
- Base: Select a base to make your designs get life on your custom made phone case.
- Layout: Always have alternative backups, to prevent failures. Illustrate the layout and go with the flow.
- Background: Customize your phone case by selecting a new background that can either be pastels, glitter, washi strips, or any of such kind.
- Finish: It's the finish that takes it to the next level. Give a classy whoosh and sassy look to it. A glossy glaze can add a glow to your case that might just bring out the blue in your ocean background. In contrast, a matte custom photo phone case is subtle and elegant.
Reasons why people purchase a phone case:
As smartphone sales increase and new creations come to market, phone case sales will also grow. According to a recent study, more than 80% of smartphone users use their phone cases. There are 5 major reasons why people purchase phone cases. People are looking for durable protection and expect phone cases to be solid, a quality case that will protect their phone.
- Group of people who are a priority to faith on and lifestyle places the supreme importance on the aesthetics of the case.
- People in the practical fashion group also cares about the case’s aesthetics, but they’re more sensitive to price.
- A group of people who want basic protection is the least selective, they want a usable case to protect their phone, but they’re not particularly choosy.
- Tech enthusiasts are those people who are savvy and generally enthusiastic about all things. Those who want technical items along with the phone case are more bound to buy them.
- Gamers are another category who prefer cases as they get a grip to hold on to defeat their enemies and enjoy a comfortable gaming setup.
- Phone cases are a prominent must-have for many smartphone owners. The motivations for buying cases are extensively different. Few people underline the practicality and protection, while others are more fascinating case that presents their unique style.
Thin cases, less weight, and made of a hybrid Thermoplastic Polyurethane (TPU) and Polycarbonate (PC) plastic. Liquid Glitter Phone Cases that are made of 100% TPU and filled with quicksand nature glitter filling in gold, pink, silver, and any other colors. They don’t cover the mobile screen, but they’ll safeguard the back of the phone from scratches and damages. They’re single piece, solid plastic structure, and the holes and buttons are aligned with the phone’s components. They are meant mostly for aesthetic motives.
The initial step for every phone case order is ensuring that the essential requirements are met. Before printing, a competent operator makes sure the printer doesn’t have any dust. A white underage and colored upper coat are then printed simultaneously using UV printing technology. UV printing technically dries ink through a photochemical reaction. High-intensity UV lights are used to alleviate inks, turning them from liquid to solid. UV printing is typically used to print on materials such as plastic, wood, and metal.
Printed case guidelines:
There are few general guidelines required to be followed for the printed cases. Be certain to follow the guidelines when developing your print files. A print file that doesn’t match general guidelines might not cast out t way you want. These are some must-follow phone case guidelines:
- Provide PNG or JPEG files with a minimum of 300 DPI.
It is advised to submit your files in PNG or JPEG format. To confirm that the design has a lucid background, submit your design in PNG.
- Set images to RGB color profile
Ensure that your print file is set to the RGB color profile. Now a question arises where do I get the RGB color profile. Don’t worry, most editing applications have RGB color profile set as their default.
- Mind the protected print location
Keep all vital graphic items or text within the protected print location. This means that the largely important components of your graphic should be within the dotted line of a given template and anything outside the protection zone may be cut off.
- Notice the camera and logo position
Keep the placement of the case’s camera gap in mind with your layout. And if you’re designing a case that’s transparent or doesn’t have a background color, assess where the phone’s logo or text will appear.
- Remove template codes
When using our templates, make sure to delete the guideline tiers before exporting your files. If you don’t erase them, they will appear on the print.
Monogram phone cases:
There is always a way to make your cases standout! Creating a custom phone case with photos, text, monograms, and more is known as a monogram. Simply choose your phone model, select your desired safety level and then design your case using monogram kits and customization tools. A monogram is a symbol, logo, or form of identification intertwining someone's initials. It is often used for decorative purposes, such as on glassware, to give something a personal adornment and flourish.
A tailored phone case makes for the perfect gift or a modest DIY project to do on your day off. Both easy to make and budget-friendly, make a personalized phone case in simple steps.
Mobile skin printing:
Mobile Cover Printing is a relatively new format of printing that started around 2012 with the introduction of Sublimation Phone Case printing technology in the mobile accessories market. It's a limitation that sublimation can be done only on hard cases to withstand the heating process. Before the advent of sublimation, mobile skin printing was the norm. The benefits of using this technique to print mobile covers are truly mind-blowing.
- The print is permanent and will never shred, sliver, or fade off from the mobile back cover even after a long-lasting usage. It carries a quality that is never ripped over time.
- The printing is done on both the front and back sides, resulting in a wrap-around print which makes the cover look attractive and appealing.
Step 1- The first part of sublimation is choosing the photo to be printed on the mobile cover onto a transfer sheet. This process can be done using normal inkjet printers that have sublimation ink filled in them. The transfer sheet’s purpose is to transfer the photograph printed on it to the phone case on which it is applied. The transfer sheet can transfer the ink when it is heated at a high temperature.
Step 2- once the photo to be transferred has been printed onto the transfer sheet, the next step is to transfer this photo to the phone cover. This is done by properly fixing the printed paper on the blank sublimation phone cover using heat-resistant tape (which is 1cm wide and yellow). Put a metallic mold or jig beneath the chosen phone case, and start heating it from the inside through a vacuum press machine so that the print can be transferred to the phone case. The mold is essential to ensure that the phone case stays in shape while it is being heated. If the case frame is not present, the phone cover will collapse into itself due to the high temperature.
UV (Ultraviolet) printing:
The UV technique is fairly precise and the cover is put inside the UV printing machine which prints on the surface of the cover using ultraviolet light. The significance of UV light in the process is that it burns the ink at the exact pace and spot on which it is dispersed using the inkjet ink disperser present in the UV printing machine. Unlike sublimation, any phone case can be used irrespective of its thickness and texture.
- No metallic mold is required during the phone case printing process, as you can simply put the cover in the machine by placing it on the tray and imprint on it.
- The printing done via this technique is not permanent, though it is good enough for day to day purposes. The sides of the phone case are not printed as the UV rays are not focused on the sides. The UV Machine can print on the back of the cover only.
Faux fur phone case:
Show me a person who nods no for fur cases. Fur cases are loved by most women due to it's soft, smooth, and comfortable texture. Fur gives a satisfying feels that is entirely a reason to choose fur. Fur phone cases require very few materials such as faux fur in the same measurement of the phone case, glue to hold the fur and fasten it to the case, scissors to trim out the camera lens.
Choose a phone case with suitable durability and flexibility. Take out faux fur and chat out in the shape of the phone case with extended edges to cover the sides. Mark the connective ports such as charger port and speaker holes. Also, cut out the camera portion to avoid photography interruptions. It's your choice to use a highlighter or a glitter boundary to given the camera a special mention. Apply super glue or instant glue to stick the fur to the phone case chosen before. Pull in your phone case and check out the chic look you just got done!
3D pen revolution:
Why focus on show-offs when you have the show taker! 3D printing is now easier within your fingertips through the 3D pen. It is a cheap and budget method. To customize a case using a 3D pen you won't need a base case. All u need is a flexible filament for the 3D pen, a tape, and a 3D pen. You can do this using non-flexible filament, however, it would be much tougher to work with, and would probably break when you tried to remove the attained phone case. So I highly recommend using flexible filament so it will be eligible to bend around your phone and give flex feels.
- Take your phone and mask it around with a tape or sheet that details the edges of the phone.
- Start making patterns or designs in the marked region at your convenience. Leave spaces unfilled for the camera and charger port and speakers.
- Once the design is set and your satisfaction is up, remove the tape and check the quality and its compatibility.
The 3D pen is an invention boom that is helpful in a lot of ways in the developing world. After you finish filling in the back, you may have the problem that the case seems to have a loose fit on your phone. This means that the sides haven't been filled sufficiently. So after you are finished, go back with the 3D printing pen and bulk the sides up more so your phone suits snugly inside the case. However, this doesn't look as nice as if you were to leave holes in the first place, so I recommend giving a close and thick finish to prolong the usage. Be creative, the design options you have are unlimited! Who wants a $70 phone case when they have a 3D pen? Think about it!
Gradient fills with geometric patterns:
The gradient is a subtle color change from the lighter shade to its darker shade. Creating a gradient background is considered easy to work on.
Materials required are a sponge, a phone case of selective durability, a color palette, markers to draw geometric lines, and finally, paint of your choice. Lay the phone case flat facing the backside and clean it. Take a little proportion of paint in a palette. Use a sponge to paint the case. Start painting the case in the same direction and mix colors from the lighter shade to the darker one. Let it undisturbed, once it is dry take out a scale and marker to create geometrically adjoined lines and figures. Decorate the whole phone case with geometric lines. Let it dry after making each line.
To give a matte finish, overcoat the painted case with hair spray and let it completely dry damp. Tadaaaa you got it done!
A phone case illustration is an inexpensive and delightful way to decorate your smartphone. It is worth more than buying a ready-made phone case. So it is comparatively cheaper and efficient.
When it comes to painting a phone case there a lot of tools to be used as paint and give admirable results. To go with the saying, body language is the key to the character and similar is the beautiful reminder in our hands to enlighten minds. No matter your level of crafting, you'll be able to design and demonstrate a case that is both affordable and entirely do-able to recreate. Painting associated with illustrations is the best form of decoration. Paints that can be used are acrylic, spray paints, and other thicker ones. The art one posses are as important as a cultural tool for expressing concerns and love for the world we occupy. Mobiles do need a makeover by times to glow up and take the show!
Custom features are the mind readers of a person. Other than the above stated there are also other means to customize. Washi strips, Doodle drawing, Cloth lining for cases, can also be inferred in the customization.
Thoughtful people are the most open-minded and clever. They find every possible way to make a thing out of any lot. Do your thing and cling to the soul with an artistic sense.
To prove that I have figured out all of who I am would be a lie. Unlike the world of fantasy, there is no single defining moment no sorting hat that marks my complete evolution.